Snow was BAD last winter so we canceled out plans to go on a ski trip between Christmas and New Years. But when Chad's work friend offered to let us stay in their Sun Valley condo for free we decided...who cares about bad snow?
Chad and the kids had a great time skiing in beautiful Sun Valley.
I was in my "I don't like skiing because it gives me panic attacks and hurts my feet" era so I had fun driving them to and from the resort and taking the dogs for long walks, drinking hot chocolate and working on my Christmas puzzle while I listened to Emma M. Lion on audible.
My kind of ski trip for sure!
In the hopes of maybe liking skiing again someday, I had my boots adjusted (for the 1,000th time) since there was a SureFoot shop in Sun Valley and I was there anyway. Not gonna lie...they actually felt really good (for ski boots anyway) by the end so here's hoping.
Marian added a little artistic treasure to the back of this random persons car.
You're welcome 3DFM4
Rosie and Darla made themselves VERY comfortable at the condo and confiscated this giant bean bag for their own use.
We made our traditional ski trip molten lava cakes that NEVER turn out as good as the very first time we made them but are still VERY good. What DID we do that first time to make them set on the outside but melty chocolate saucy on the inside???!!!
We played A LOT of games...FLIP 7 was the hit of the trip. I spent a decent amount of time signing Jack up for BYU housing at the Riviera which would all come to naught because a month after this trip I would somehow miss the very important email to finalize the housing...not realize it for another month after that, and miss out on it all together. BOO!!!!! It turned out ok and Jack is moving into, what I am hopeful will be a good apartment in 3 days. But I still feel VERY guilty about him not getting into the Riv. Oh. Well.
More games...and homework Marian?
P-day chat with Jack...always feels a little awkward when we are on vacation (sorry Jack). Especially when we are doing his FAVORITE thing (skiing). Sorry again Jack.








