There seemed to be an extra amount of cuteness and sweetness in our home this week. Maybe I was just paying better attention or maybe the stars aligned. Either way I want to capture it here because I don't want to forget the little things that happened like...
- Lucy, standing in the hallway doing the "hula" with her eyes crossed in an attempt to make me laugh while I was rocking Gracie to sleep. (Lucy totally succeeded)
- Marian spending hours, and I mean HOURS people in front of the mirror trying to extract her loose front tooth without inflicting any pain on herself. She was adamant that no one could be in the bathroom with her while she was working on it. I swear it was the loosest still attached tooth ever. She finally lured that tooth out and Marian's toothless smile is about the cutest thing ever.
- As I was cleaning up dinner this week I casually said to Grant, "ok buddy let's go take a bath". He threw both arms into the air and yelled YES! with as much enthusiasm as a 2 year old can muster. (for those of you who aren't familiar with 2 year olds...that's a lot of enthusiasm
- Jack has been cooking up a storm and for two days in a row has been whipping up delicious fresh off the stove quesadillas for lunch. He eats about 8 himself because apperently he is getting ready to grow about 2 feet. The boy has been a bottomless pit lately!
- Grant came into his room this week just after I'd converted his crib into a toddler bed (being in the crib contained him for about 0.5 seconds then he'd spend the rest of the night crying on the floor because he couldn't get back into the crib...so it was time) He immediately climbed into the bed, lay down on the pillow, pulled the blankets over himself and began to snore a very convincing snore. (I think he's been listening to Chad. Sorry babe it's true, you totally snore).
- Before heading to the BYU Blue and White game we stopped at Ripples in Provo for burgers and hot dogs Friday night. Marian was completely devastated to find that they had put ketchup mustard AND relish on her hot dog. Oh the humanity! Without saying a word Jack took her hot dog, scraped off all the offending condiments, and sweetly coaxed her into eating the entire thing.
- Grace has become a bit of a parrot. It's especially hilarious when she mimics Chad while he's on the phone with someone. Grace does a great Chad impersonation
- Every week when we walk into our church's sacrament meeting Grant immediately starts yelling for his 10 year old cousin Abby who is in our same ward (congregation). Grant loves Abby. We all love Abby. If you knew Abby you'd love her too. Just not as much as Grant does. We quickly made it too our seats with only a few shouts of "Abby!!!" from Grant before he hurried up the aisle to where Abby was sitting. When he got to her he couldnd't contain his excitement any longer and let out one last ABBY!!! only this time it was so loud the entire congregation started laughing. Including me. It was awesome.