Friday, September 7, 2012

Happy Birthday Jack

Back in July- this awesome little guy (who is not so little any more turned 7)

I LOVE Jack!  I love his sweet smile, his big heart and his love of monochromatic clothing.  I love how he asks every night, "what's the plan for tomorrow?" I love how he always wants to include his sisters in whatever he is doing. I love the way he walks in the door from school with a big grin on his face and can't wait to tell me all about his day.  I love that he still loves to run.  I love that he is a pro at making his bed every morning.  I love that he will serve me whatever I want to eat (Nutella sandwiches, jell-o and cereal are his specialties) while I am stuck on the couch or up in bed.  I love how Jack is friends with everyone.  I love how he is fearless: high dives, water skiing, wave running, Alpine slide, and speed boat driving...for example.  Most of all, I love that I get to be his mom.


For his birthday we surprised him with a trip to "Cowabunga Bay" water park.
He was THRILLED!


Jack rode every ride!  The boy is truly fearless...much to Chad's enjoyment!


Lucy loved the water

Marian liked not getting too wet and not going on slides taller than she


Chad liked getting a little rest.
Good thing too because this was PBR (Pre Bed Rest) and he was going to need all the energy he could muster soon.


That night we celebrated with the requested "Green Lantern birthday cake"
(I think the only reason he even knew who the Green Lantern was, was because of the Happy Meal toys at McDonald's)


It was so fun to have our good friends the Donahoe's in town so they could come celebrate with us.



I LOVE this boy!  
Posted by Picasa