Thursday, January 27, 2011

If we have another son...I'm going to name him James

But call him Jimmer
Seriously- Jimmer Fredette has brought so much joy into this house over the last few months that I feel that we at least owe him that.
The crazy win against Utah was wonderful. 

Scoring 40+ points in the last 3 games was fabulous.  

The NBA leading scorer Kevin Durrant's "tweet" that Jimmer is "the best scorer in the world" was sure nice

And watching the Sports Center guys fawn over him night after night is just plain fun!  

My favorite is that his crazy skills have led to new phrases like
  • you got  Jimmered
  • Jimmerific
  • Jimmefied
  • and the 'Jimmerettes" (not sure how the rest of the Cougars b-ball team likes that one though)
Needless to say there has been a lot of joy in the Cougar Fan house.  Although not everyone in the house is thrilled.  After 3 1/2 years of listening to crying babies (day and night) running/crashing/smashing games from Jack, the occasional yelling fits from kids and mom, and all other sounds created from our lively bunch...our upstairs neighbor finally drew the line at raucous cheering after 11p.m.  About 3/4 of the way through the game we heard some pretty loud stomping above us and the message was clear.  He has NEVER complained  before (which makes him a saint becuase even I wouldn't want to live above us).  Maybe he is a San Diego State fan.  Either way I apologized this morning and a loaf of bread is on it's way up.
Come March... I may have a lot of baking to do!