Sunday, June 21, 2009

Uncle Robby Came to Town

We had more fun than words can express. so I'll use pictures.

I think Marian is faking, but she sure took to Robby fast. What's cooler to a three year old boy than riding a "city bus"? Riding the "city bus" with uncle Robby!


Perhaps the best thing about Boston is the annual "Scooper Bowl" for a small fee you too could have eaten as much ice cream as you wanted!


This picture is drastically misleading. By the time he finished Robby added 4 more cups to his pile. It didn't hurt that Robby had no qualms with cutting the lines. I would wait in our designated spot with the kids and Robby would dash into the crowds and come out with ice cream for all!


It rained A LOT while Robby was here so we had to get creative. During a break in the weather we tried to pretend like we Lindsays have artistic capabilities.


Marian got more creative than we had perhaps anticipated. It must be the Pugh genes



Rob was a great sport and judging by the look on Jack's face, Jack will love Robby for the rest of his life.


Of course. If you're thinking this looks familiar...it's because it is. Let's take a little walk down memory lane two years ago to the last time Robby came to visit...


At least this time Jack got in on the action


more fun at the park

Rob helped cook dinner every night...he even made cornbread muffins from scratch and nobody got sick! Just kidding, they were FABULOUS!

He let me cut all of this...

off of this!



This is at the Discovery Museum...which is apparently not a cool place to take cool 12 year-olds.


So I made up for it by taking him to Dunkin Doughnuts. What's a trip to Boston without one? "Life runs on Dunkin"


The beach was the highlight! Rob, you are the best uncle!


Adam even came up to join in the fun. It was so fun to have him. After he left Robby talked of nothing but the stocks he (Robby) was going to invest in and why it would be a good investment for Chad and I to buy a house...because of inflation of course.


Robby managed to survive even though Jack never let him out of arms length...let along out of his sight.


We went candlepin bowling...I think Bostonians made this up...I've never heard of it anywhere else. It's like regular bowling only the balls are a lot smaller, the pins are like candle sticks and you get a lot more chances to knock them down.


I had to put in this picture because I think I look so darn cool.

Marian wouldn't stop trying to throw the balls on our feet so she got benched..with a supply of suckers of course.


Rob we had SO MUCH FUN and miss you like crazy already! Can't wait for California! Thank you thank you thank you for coming